Are you fully aware of the cyber security risks of your cloud implementation?
Migrating your data, applications or infrastructure to the cloud can create efficiencies, agility, opportunities and cost savings. However, it can also introduce new cyber risks to your business. Suddenly, your critical data is sitting on a third-party system and your applications which were traditionally only internal-facing are now out in the open, on the Internet.
As the use of cloud becomes ubiquitous you may want to assess the risk of their SaaS, IaaS and PaaS deployments, for example:
- What is the risk?
- Does the contract adequately protect my data?
- Is my data adequately protected in transit?
- Does the third party undertake the necessary security to protect my data?
- What is the recourse in the event of a data breach?
- How do we gain assurance that the cloud service is safe?
- Can we penetration test our cloud instance?
- Can I port my data?
- Do we have right of audit?
These are all questions we have been helping our customers answer.
We have developed a Cloud Security framework, based on industry standard best practices (ENISA CCSM, ISO 27001) and our expertise, to assess the cloud service provider and your implementation and identify areas of risk to your organisation’s data.
The framework looks at:
- Business Continuity
- Incident Management
- Risk Management
- Interoperability and Portability
If you would like to understand how we can help you assess the risk presented by your cloud deployments to your organisation’s data then please get in touch.